JOB ADVERTISEMENT FOR FILLING VACANCIES IN SIAYA COUNTY
Applications are invited from qualified candidates for the positions shown below;
VACANCIES IN THE COUNTY DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC SERVICE AND GOVERNANCE
REF: SCPSB/29/1/17 MEMBERS OF COUNTY POLICING AUTHORITY - SIX (6) POSTS
Terms of Service — Contract
Siaya County Public Service wishes to recruit competent and qualified persons to serve as members in the County Policing Authority pursuant to Section 41(1), (2), (5) and (7) of National Police Service Act 2011.
A) Functions of authority shall be to;
• Develop proposals on priorities, objectives and targets for police performance in the County
• Monitor trends and patterns of crime in the County including those within a specific impact on the women and children
• Promote community policing initiatives in the County.
• Monitor progress and achievements of set targets
• Provide financial oversight of the budget of the county police
• Provide feedback on the performance of the police service at County level
• Provide platform through which the public participate on all aspects relating to County Policing
• Ensure policing accountability to the public
• Receive reports from community policing Fora and committees and
• Ensure compliance with the national policing standards
B) Sectors to be represented
Appointees will be picked from the following categories of persons ordinarily resident in the county:
i. Business sector (1 post)
ii. Community Based Organizations(CBOS) (1 post)
iii. Women (1 post)
iv. Persons with special needs (1 post)
v. Faith Based Organizations (1 post)
vi. Youth (1 post)
A) Requirement for appointment
i. Be a Kenyan citizen
ii. Satisfy the requirements of the Chapter six (6) of the constitution of Kenya 2010.
iii. Must have a minimum level of KCSE education or its equivalent
iv. Should be of good character and moral standard
v. Should not have been convicted of a felony
vi. Must be a resident or employed or conducts business in Siaya County for a continuous period of not less than three (3) years.
vii. Has not violated the Constitution
viii. Is not adjudged bankrupt
All applicants are expected to attach copies of the following additional documents
1. Tax compliance certificates
2. Clearance from HELB where necessary
3. Clearance from the Ethics and anti- corruption commission
4. Clearance from the CRB.
5. Certificate of Good Conduct from the police
Important information to all candidates
Members of the authority shall be paid allowance
Indicate Sub-county and Ward of residence
Indicate category being applied for
Interested and qualified persons are requested to make their applications by downloading and completing the application for employment forms available on our website cpsb.siaya.go.ke, attach copies of their credentials and send to
Siaya County Public Service Board,
P.O. Box 390-40601,
EMAIL us their application to firstname.lastname@example.org
So as to reach the Board on or before Thursday, 19th January, 2017 at 5.00 pm
1. Siaya county public service board is an equal opportunity employer.
2. Recruitment process is absolutely free and any form of lobbying, canvasing or bribery will lead to automatic disqualification.
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED